Search This Blog

Thursday, 23 June 2011

Gratitude List: Princess Nails, Diagon Alley and Dogs

Yes, I am setting aside my cynicism for the moment to write a list of things that make me happy.  These things really do work when you're feeling shit and you need a pick me up.

First off, I am thankful for my fucking awesome dogs.
Lily is thirteen and ticking along so well.  Our last dog didn't even make it to thirteen, and he was so ill but she's mad chillin, yo.  It's fantastic.  Of course her old age has made her grumpy, stubborn and selectively deaf, but when she decided to be frisky and play like she did when she was a puppy....oh, my heart just melts.

Lulu is...we don't know because she's a rescue from Hurricane Katrina, but what we do know is that Lulu is a mutant.  She has a huge pot belly, an under bite, half nipples and skin tags, and she turns pink when she's happy.  Instead of being a "killer" pit bull, she sleeps in my bed and let's me dress her up in clothes.  She's the bomb.


When my mother tries to use rap slang in an attempt to stay "current"
It is so fucking magical.  Yesterday, while moaning about her husband, she said "Why can't we all just be keeping it real."  Why indeed, mother.  She also really likes to throw "jiggy" into conversations and nothing will convince her that stopped being cool about twelve years ago.  


My awesome boyfriend
I won't get all fluffy and romantic and shit, but he moved half way across the world to be with ME!  

My pimped out princess nails
Yes, it takes me ages to do it.  And, yes, I spend a fortune on nail polish, but when my pretty designs actually turn out how they're supposed to, it's the best feeling.  Looking at my fingers typing these words right now is making me squeal like a gay boy at a Lady Gaga concert.

I really wanna lose three pounds
AND I HAVE!!!  All those weeks of sweating at the gym and saying no to cake has payed off.  I've lost 3.4 pounds and I feel like Giselle.


Las Vegas
I've never been before and we just booked our trip in August!!  I don't like gambling but I'm a huge fan of drinking, boobs, and poolside bars so I'm pretty excited.  I'm also a huge fan of saving money and I'm still not quite over the fact that we booked a week in a villa for $240.  For the whole week.  God, I hope I get a tan.

Harry Potter
HP has affected so many people in such a positive way.  I was so incredibly happy when I saw Diagon Alley drawn in chalk on the side of a school.



I love this song, I love this man and I loved that gig so fucking much.  I've dreamed of seeing The Streets for so long, and everything that could have messed up did, I've honestly wasted hundreds of pounds trying to get to a gig.  When I finally saw him in Leeds, I felt like I was floating.

"Everybody is a genius.  But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Take it to twitter

2 comments:

  1. That picture with the scrawled Diagon Alley is the best. Love the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I was thrilled when I found diagon alley! :)

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...