Search This Blog

Friday, 17 June 2011

Music videos to make you feel good

Sometimes when I'm feeling pissy, I'll head over to youtube to cheer me up.  There is three categories of youtube videos that are instant mood lifters for me: cats doing anything, old people falling down, and really cute music videos.  I'm sure you can handle finding the cats and old people, but here's some help with the music videos.


Champion Sound - Fatboy Slim
I have spent way too much time thinking about this video. Did those girls really do all that themselves? Where did they get all those cereal boxes from? How many times did they mess up the whole thing before they got this perfect? The verdict? Dominoes are cool, and Fatboy Slim makes the most entertaining home-shot videos ever.



Star Guitar - The Chemical Brothers
This video was directed by Michel Gondry (of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind fame) and the whole thing is a train journey that goes to the beat of the music.  The footage was shot by Gondry while riding the train in France ten times over to get the right lighting.  It's so hypnotic!



To Be With You - The Honey Trees
This is just plain pretty and it makes me want to go on adventures.



In The Sun - She & Him
Zooey Deschanel has the most infectious smile, which is a good enough reason to watch this video. Also, she shimmies, tap dances and has really nice hair.



Death to Los Campeinos! - Los Campesinos
I couldn't even say enough good things about this band. I love them, they're awesome live, catchy music, beautiful lyrics and I could continue.  It's wonderful to see them all get killed by kittens, rainbows, confetti and a unicorn.



Island in the Sun - Weezer
Ok, if this video doesn't give you the warm fuzzies.....you have no soul!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...