Search This Blog

Saturday, 23 July 2011

Gratitude List: Birthday Cards, Champagne Shoes and Pancakes

This week has been spectacular!  The days leading up to our trip to Vegas are getting less and less, my best friend's birthday is just around the corner and I've had some glorious time off work to devote to this blog!  If the rain would stop, everything would be perfect!  Here's what's rocking me around the clock this week:

Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Making Home Made Birthday Cards
I love doing collages but sometimes I can't find anything that needs decorating.  So I got the idea to make my friend a home made birthday card covered in pictures of us, her dog and Japanese pop stars.  I am so happy with the result, it's so much more personal than some cheesy hallmark card.  I like to use Zink! magazine for collaging, their editorials are mind blowing.  We used Zink! to collage a box for her cats.  It's awesome.  


I finally saw the last Harry Potter movie!
It was everything I thought it would be.  Yes, I cried a lot.  How could I not?  It's been a while since I read Deathly Hallows but it felt like they stayed pretty true to the book (aside from Ron and Hermione's kiss...RAGE) but at least I can finally go back in tumblr now without fear of being spoiled!  I'm also really thankful that my boyfriend sat though six movies and over 12 hours of Potter with me.  Now that's love.


Wowsocool.com
This website has the coolest nail gems for a fraction of the price you'd pay at a drugstore!  Plus, they have free shipping if you spend over $20 and it's pretty much impossible not to when you see all their merchandise!  The Konad nail stamp is a dream come true for someone like me who wants intricate nail designs but doesn't have the steadiest hand.  I've got these two plates headed my way, I can't wait!


Sweet Potato Poutine
I have been thinking about this poutine for two years!  I'm not even joking.  Poutine is a very Canadian dish, and I really missed it while I was living in the UK.  There's this restaurant in my city called Da'deos that serves cajun food, and their sweet potato fries are crispy, home made and delicious.  Every so often in England I'd pull a Homer Simpson and go "Ugghghghgfh, sweet potato poutine, mmmmmm."  So glad I finally got to eat them again!


Pre-Holiday Shopping Sprees
I have bought SO much stuff in the name of Las Vegas in the past week.  I am not so patiently waiting for those beautiful champagne pumps to make their way here, and I'm praying they actually fit me.  Floral feathered hippie dresses, glittery headbands, nail rhinestones, hair appointments....I just tell myself I want to look good in my vacation photos!  I can't wait to get there and start wearing all this new stuff!  


Flipping Pancakes
I finally learned how to flip a pancake in the pan!  On my days off, I love getting up before my boyfriend and making us pancakes.  Yesterday was chocolate chip and raspberries.  But I want to flip them in the pan like a chef.  He can do it and I squeal like a six year old every time!  I finally tried it, and DID IT, and he caught it on video so you'll be seeing my flipping skills soon enough!

To check out more wonderful, wonderful gratitude lists head check out galadarling.com and Things I Love Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. :o Those champagne pumps are just..wow. Pics when they arrive please!
    Love the birthday card too- I would much rather receive that than a shop bought one.
    x

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...