Search This Blog

Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Japanese Nail Art: Inspiration

Just a note, guys!  Since I made this post, I've started a website devoted entirely to nail art.  To learn more about Japanese nail art, and see a much more extensive gallery please visit



Let's face it, when it comes to fashion...Japan wins.  I was looking around the web for some nail inspiration photos and I sure did find some!  I would never be able to wear these designs, let alone replicate them, but that doesn't mean I don't looooovee to look at them!  They're so full of fantasy, I would feel like a Sailor Moon character wearing these.  I would also feel like I couldn't unbutton my jeans when I was in the bathroom!  Enjoy, get inspired!  Pimp out your nails!











This is about as Japanese as I can manage to do! So boring in comparison, no?
If you want to give this look a try but don't think you're quite up to the challenge (I can't say I blame you!) there's lots of places online that sell pre-decorated tips.  I sell really pretty decorated nails in my Etsy shop for very reasonable prices..  Yukiumi also has a huge, huge selection of awesome looks for you to try out and a lots of little plastic pieces you can buy to put on yourself.  If I wasn't saving for my trip to Las Vegas (and secretly dying to try to do it myself) I would have spent a fortune at those sites!

Want to take the plunge and try it yourself?  There's loads of tutorials on youtube that make it seem oh so easy.  Suuuuuure.

       
If you're looking for my new nail art photos, I don't always post them on here but I'm always updating my set on Flickr or you can buy them at my shop.


6 comments:

  1. Holy crap, those are NUTS!!! Love, love the last one..the others-eesh. But I work with kids all day..so no way those would go over well :)
    Fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is amazing. Which brand works best for this nail art? Thanks for sharing this information.

    Elizabeth
    nail art

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Laura Wynn
    Hey, thanks, the last one is mine! Yeah, I'm a waitress, I think there's just too much risk of someone finding a huge plastic bow in their soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought some at amazon, they have some at http://tinyurl.com/3tp76u9

    They are gorgeous and they came with glue, however after the 5th day wearing them I started using my own glue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...