Search This Blog

Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Style Inspiration: Zooey Deschanel

This fall I am all about channeling Zooey.  She manages to look adorable and chic without flashing a lot of skin, which is important to me because I hate being cold.  Why do you think I'm fleeing Canada in three weeks?  In her new show. The New Girl, she even rocks some massive glasses, so she's basically me.  Only with shinier hair, bright blue eyes, less 20 pounds and plus a strange similarity to Katy Perry.

I should probably start chasing boys around shouting "Hey Sailor!  Wait...come back!  It's cute when she says it!"

What I admire about her, (aside from her hair...did I mention how nice her hair is?) is that she's well put together when she's just out and about which is really the true measure of style.  If you look good on the red carpet, it means you pay someone cool to dress you.  If you look good in the queue at Starbucks, it means you're cool.  I don't even go to Starbucks, so I'm extra uncool.  But if I did, I would rock this little outfit:
Ahhh, I'm so excited for it to get colder so I can live in shorts and tights.  It's my version of being a never nude.

I need to get me some shirts with cute little collars and cute heart pins.  Etsy, here I come!

If I'm going to properly steal her style, my curling iron is going to be getting some major action.  And I am totally fine with that.  

Seriously, this girl probably sleeps in her tights.  I fucking love it.

I'll probably pass on the dungarees, but how cute are those braids with dainty, curled ends!?

So here's the plan.  Lots and lots of black tights, cute collared shirts, cute cardigans, poufy high-waisted skirts, and curls with loads of volume and bangs.  It's gonna be awesome.

Then we'll be bestest friends forever.

3 comments:

  1. ...why do I always think that Zooey Deschanel and Katy Perry are somehow related but keeping it a secret like Aston Kutcher did with his twin? Hmmmm, ha. I don't know who I'm channeling this Fall season--Victoria Beckham with a splash of a very sassy and younger Meg Ryan? Perhaps. THought I'm not at all sure how those two "styles" would go together I'm willing to try both and blend to see what I come up with.

    Wish me luck....smh. I'll be wishing something, ha.

    lettersinatreehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tuesdai Noelle
    Victoria Beckham! I could never channel her, I'm afraid of the shoes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Zooey! Love,love LOVE! and New Girl is my favorite new show.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...